QDRO Pros iQ is the faster, easier & more accurate way to have a QDRO prepared *** We’re QDRO Experts, so you don’t have to be *** Our Expertise and QDRO Pros iQ saves you time, money & hassle


What if the Participant moved the retirement funds?

Submitted by on Tuesday, 27 December 2016 10:59

 Even if the Participant moved the retirement funds to a subsequent plan or rollover IRA, the Alternate Payee can still file a QDRO to receive their community property share of the retirement funds from the new plan.  If you do not know where the funds have been moved to, you may need to subpoena the records from the Participant.  This is another reason we encourage QDRO preparation during the divorce process.

Leave a comment